The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Saturday, July 25, 2026

How Hot does a Turbo Get compared to a regular engine here is MSFT Ai answer

how hot does a turbo get compared to a regular engine - Search

The air entering the engine often exceeds 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

The exhaust gases powering the turbo can reach temperatures up to 1832 degrees Fahrenheit.

The temperature that a thermostat opens on a car is typically around 195 degrees Fahrenheit.

average life of turbo engin compared to a non turbo engine - Search

And there is one piece of advice in that last search result I have to single out.  Because it runs counter to the radio car shows as well as etching down the fuel efficiency numbers.

  1. "Driving Habits: Aggressive driving, frequent high RPMs, and immediate shutdown after high-load driving can stress the turbo. Allowing the engine to idle for 30–60 seconds after highway driving helps cool the turbo and prolong its life Bob is the Oil Guy+1."


  1. I have an outboard engine.  It isn't a turbo, idk if they even make one, but it says to allow the engine to cool in that same manner but for 5 minutes.  And it also states to allow the engine to heat up before, I believe, going fast or longer distances.  Seems like great advice!  But compare that to the stop start technology.
IDK, when you look around does it seem to you like we're being led by a clown on lsd?

© 2026 Thomas Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment