The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Cooking the Bacon 05 29 2024

 So what I find works best is:

Lay the bacon evenly in the pan and cook at med to med high heat.

Turn the bacon as you want.

But when there is a sufficient amount of grease that has "heated" out of the bacon in the frying pan.  Turn up the heat a little bit and stir fry that bacon in its own hot bacon grease until you think it is cooked evenly.  Then I put it on a paper towel on a plate.

It is a little counterintuitive.  One would think that when the grease is out of the bacon that is good and should stay that way. But I find it cooks it through more evenly.  And that last step you do pretty quickly.

I attempt to drain the remaining frying pan grease into a old cut up soup or other can.  So that when it comes time to cleaning the frying pan there is less grease "to go through."

© 2024 Thomas Paul Murphy


No comments:

Post a Comment