The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

What to do with junk 09 22 2026

So you buy something.  And it wasn't as good as you thought it was.  You can't take it back for some policy reason.  Or you have old clothes that no longer fit?

81.  Do you really want to sell that piece of cr@p to someone else and have them experience the same ill will that you did?  Say you bought a pair of adjustable reading glasses that are pure cr@p?  But yet you say to yourself the item has value?

2.  You say to yourself all those old clothes I could sell them on the internet?  Do you really have the time and frustration to deal with that?  I do believe in donating good stuff.  But again I wonder, if all I am doing is buying and donating, isn't it really like I am buying for the donating center?  Sure you likely say that is a poor way to see it?  But by a small percentage I see it that way.

3.  You used to say to yourself, these old shop towel.  I will put them in a bucket and wash them all at once.  Now you say to yourself, that dirty water might stay in the lowest basin of my washer?  Or whatever I wiped up with it, some greasy chemical perhaps, might not be good for my washer?  And you don't really want to take them to a laundromat to clean them because it feels like you are cheating the next person who uses that machine?  Or causing more breakdowns of that businesses machines.

But in terms of metals.  I believe in taking them in for money.  Like an old lead acid batteries!  Get that cash in your hand from the scrap yard guy.  Pretty good feeling.

And I will still donate clothes.

Likely just throw out rags.

Just social commentary.  Shooting the breeze.  And throwing out dirty rags today inspired it.

*****'

I want to say something about the need for more car compactors.  By a new car with a faulted V8 you ought to be able to get your money back and have that thing compacted right away.  Perhaps get money for the scrap to.  That way a business learns its lessen to be a good business?  And when said business runs out of money to pay you it should come out of owners pockets!  I mean, good God, enough of the wrongly enriched!  A gd enough of that!

******'

This is supposed to be the United States of America not some pale faced pimping clowns Russo/Shanghai express alley.

© 2026 Thomas Paul Murphy



No comments:

Post a Comment