The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Thursday, August 27, 2026

Democracy 08 27 2026

 So lets say that you created a system whereby the poor would be fed and housed.  And it didn't cost a lot of money to do it.

Somebody who has a lot of money and also has a persecuting personality and reward system isn't going to like that.  And eventually they will thwart it.

Why?  Because it contradicts the false image that they have created for themselves.

******'

And a little off topic but in the same vein.  Let's say that you had a President who could be described as a draft dodger.

Let's say that he had been forced to go to fight in war when he was younger.  Let's say that he was forced to see the horror and hell of war.  Everything that a veteran of war can't get out of their head he had to see to.

Would our country be less likely to be what I would call offensive militarily?

*******'

So let's say that you make the argument that it is somehow necessitated that our country is offensive militarily.

But somehow we like the leader of Russia.  And somehow we also like helping Ukraine in its war against Russia.  Somehow we believed all this time in a stable Russia?

Who did?  Who believed in the stability and longevity of any foreign country that did not have the Constitutional rights the United States does?  Who?

Perhaps your southern post Confederate oil money mongers?  With their multimillion dollar churches?  Perhaps British immigrants to the United States who are more comfortable with our country acting like that because it is consistent with their imperialism background?

******'

What am I getting at here?  Perhaps it is just an us versus them thing.  A legitimate United States Citizen versus those who seethe with spoiled anger.

© 2026 Thomas Paul Murphy

And there is a Political candidate television commercial that rings of anguished English.  Now, I don't like to harp on sentence structure and word choice, because I find it to be an immature thing to do.  But this one hit me rock solid in the funny bone.  Perhaps it has to do with my Catholic School upbringing or someplace I worked when I was a lot younger.  It has to do with how the word abroad sounds like "a broad."  You likely wont hear it or get it.  And so be it.  That means you are a good person!


No comments:

Post a Comment