Those are two different words.
Were they disambiguated from one word?
Was lavoratory truncated to lavatory? Lavoratory listed as archaic.
If so which word came first?
And the word Laboratory has the root word Labor in it? Which makes you wonder about some history there?
Here is the Thomas Paul Murphy Dictionary entries for them:
Lavoratory a bathroom or washroom.
Laboratory a place where scientific work is done.
What does lavatory have to do with lava?
Laboratory comes from the latin word, "Laboratorium" a place where work is done.
Laboratory vs Lavoratory: Meaning And Differences
Then you wonder about moratorium? To put an end to something?
Right when I got to that stage in High School they no longer allowed Latin as a credit for a foreign language. I had to take that God Awful Spanish! Awful! Awful! Awful, awful chicken clucking sounding words! Ugg.
So I didn't do a good job articulating the points of this article.
Idk, it just came to mind that those are two different words. And with the awful pronunciation that exists in our athletic degree education system perhaps it bared mention.
*****'
A lot about our country has changed for the worse. Very disheartening to see how a Federal Judge was appointed after a phone call from a well connected criminal defense lawyer. Makes the good man in America ask, "Why bother?" "Why support networked criminality? That's not me. That isn't who I would want my future children to be or become."
© 2026 Thomas Paul Murphy
No comments:
Post a Comment