So I went to get a 4' x 8' sheet of 1/4" plywood today.
I put the ski rack on the SUV.
And decided to unscrew the antenna that rises about a foot on the exterior of the car, sort of positioned where the rear view mirror is inside.
I did so, so it wouldn't be an "issue."
But before I left to go to the hardware store I decided I wanted to listen to the radio. So I matched up a metric bolt to the antenna threads by seeing if the metric but fit both.
I found rubber grummet. And quickly I stripped 1.25" inches of the copper wire. I split the tiny wires of it in half. Forked them over the metric bolt and twisted the tag end. Inserted and threaded it into the antenna hole of the SUV.
I though this is kind of junk rigged.
Do you know that I recognized that radio sound was exceptionally clearer! Both AM and FM. Perhaps that antenna only controls one, idk?
So what to take away from this? Perhaps clean the threads of the old antenna and thread it back in with conductive wire glue?
Or perhaps buy a new antenna?
© 2026 Thomas Paul Murphy
There was also a slight chance of rain so I wanted something in that receptacle to prevent water from getting in.
SUV is 15 years old.
Ugg! When considering s replacement antenna this is a lot more complicated than I thought!
There might also be a GPS+ compatibility issue (s)?
No comments:
Post a Comment