The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Monday, June 10, 2019

Ford Edge Negative Space 06 10 2019

Ford Edge Negative Space 06 10 2019

So I have had a Dent King dent removal device for a very long time.  Perhaps 20 years.  But I never had to use it until someone put a mystery 4" dent in the back upright part of the "fender" in the SUV.  I figure someone with an F350 or something hit it with the side mirror.

But in order to remove that dent first I tried to rub it out with a polyurethane rod.  From the inside.  In order to do that  you have to take out all of that interior plastic otherwise known as trim.  Three pieces of it that line the back right side of the car.

So I got that off and then I looked from right to left and back to right again in the back of the SUV.  And what did I see?  There was a lot of space unused behind that trim panel.  There must have been an air pocket there of at least 6 cubic feet!  Enough for probably 4 extra paper bags of groceries on that side.

It bothers me because sometimes it seems like that car needs a little extra "trunk" capacity.  It is there it is just hidden behind those panels where you can't use it.

So my mind starts to wonder why?

Then I think of how cars of U.S. manufacturers are made in both Mexico and Canada.  Then I think of how Mexico and Canada are large producers of Marijuana.  Then I think of the Pension funding needs of the automakers.  That's what I thought.

So the bottom line is this.  If there was a company out there that wanted to engineer an aftermarket interior trim panel that more fit the contour of the car body back there I would buy them in a heartbeat and swap them out!  In order to engineer a product like that they would have to take into account the shock absorber, strut or whatever it actually is top mount.  And make a rise of about 2" there.  Then in the back by the window, between the hatch window and the back right hand side window is what looks to be a "fuse" that will trigger the airbag.  So they would have to encapsulate that properly with the new trim panel.  Other than that a lot of space could be realized.

So why did they make it that way?

I want to say something like in order to be successful in the United States at anything today you have to be completely undeserving of it?  Hence those are the engineers that were hired?  Then my mind starts to think in odd terms like John Bulls hatred of gentiles.

© 2019 Thomas Paul Murphy


No comments:

Post a Comment