The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Friday, October 29, 2021

Quoted Solar Electricity Stats 10 29 2021

 Quoted Solar Electricity Stats 10 29 2021

So I heard on the local television news the other day that there was a solar panel project that costs $3.5 million dollars and would provide enough electricity for 700 homes in Milwaukee.

Which means it has a fixed initial cost of $5,000.00 per home.

Ever look through real estate listings?  See how a home sells for $200,000.00 and t

hen in a few months it has a mostly all new interior and sells for over $400,000.00.

Or ever see the price of a home come on the market for $500,000.00 and then after awhile the price is reduced by $20 thousand?

Or what about the cost of building a new home?  A homebuilders cost versus what they sell it for.

Now granted that solar project above was centralized with the power distributed versus on home installation, as far as I know.

And how much was the cost of building that new Zoo Expressway Interchange?  So just looking at quick search results we will say it costs $2 billion.  But for the comparison I am going to make that number won't matter much even if it is cuffed.  And that is just one of many road construction projects.

But what am I getting at?

Compare the $2 billion to the $3.5 million?  It is 571 times as great.  So if that solar electric project were expanded 571 times there would be electricity for how many homes?  571 x 700= 399,700.

And I think that the cost of the panels is less than that and the efficiency is greater than that today.  But I do not believe that they are more efficient than they were 45 years ago?  How do I know?  Based on a toy that I had as a boy that had a solar panel the size of a silver dollar and vigorously powered an electric motor about 1.5" by 1" with a fan blade on in.  I think I bought it at Spencer Gifts.  And that Blue Collar guy is always gonna hate me; the son of a non alcohol drinking school teacher.

How many homes are there in Milwaukee County?

And I can't vouge that I have the meaning of the next stat exact but there are 420,162 housing units in Milwaukee County.  (Stat source:  U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts: Milwaukee County, Wisconsin)

The point being is that we have had over 45 years to put such clean energy in place.  

But in the meantime look at all the circus clown politics we have had to put up with.  It is sickening.  You know what it amounts to?  Maintain the status quo of Satan at all costs.

© 2021 Thomas Paul Murphy

Okay my fingers are on a roll.  So I am going to tackle another issue.



No comments:

Post a Comment