The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Friday, August 16, 2019

So I once read a quote in the Gospel of Thomas about Dogs 08 16 2019

So I once read a quote in the Gospel of Thomas about Dogs 08 16 2019

The Gospel of Thomas was a Biblical type passage that wasn't included in the Bible.  However I found a PDF of it somewhere.  In it Jesus said that the Cannanites were Dogs!

So I just did a Bible search on the word Dog to see what showed up?  Very interesting!

Here is the link.

https://www.christianity.com/bible/bible.php?q=dog&ver=niv

Here is a good one.

2 Samuel 3:8   (Read all of 2 Samuel 3)
Abner was very angry because of what Ish-Bosheth said. So he answered, "Am I a dog's head-on Judah's side? This very day I am loyal to the house of your father Saul and to his family and friends. I haven't handed you over to David. Yet now you accuse me of an offense involving this woman!

Is it an Israelite calling the people of Judah... as if they all have dog's heads?

Here are some other good ones:

I like this Psalm from the Bible.  Why?  Because people who have been labeled schizophrenic say the modern equivalent of such things?
"Psalm 22:16
Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet."
It is someone being persecuted by crucifixion declaring that those who do it are no better than dogs.
And indeed our Constitution has outlawed Cruel and unusual punishment even though Bush, Clinton, Obama and Trump seem to brag about it?
© 2019 Thomas Murphy
By the time the man speaking in the Psalm complained it was already too late!  The Lord likes the Righteous!  The Lord likes those who stand up for Humanity!
Here is another one.  "Psalm 22:20
Deliver me from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dogs."
And another:
Isaiah 56:10
Israel's watchmen are blind, they all lack knowledge; they are all mute dogs, they cannot bark; they lie around and dream, they love to sleep.
Two more:
2 Peter 2:22
Of them the proverbs are true: "A dog returns to its vomit," and, "A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud."

Revelation 22:15
Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

No comments:

Post a Comment