The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Friday, December 11, 2020

Celsius to Fahrenheit Conversion 12 11 2020

 I have seen this so many times.  Whereby the temperature is only given in Celsius that I am going to have to rememorize the conversion factor learned in school.

(Celsius Temp * 9/5) + 32 = Fahrenheit Temp. 

Now let me give you the easier Murphy Math way.

9/5 is 1.8

So the simplification is (Celsius * 1.8) + 32 = Fahrenheit.

So that become (Celsius + Celsius * 4/5) + 32= Fahrenheit.

So let me show you how to do it simply in your mind.

Let's say Celsius is 20. You divide 20 by 5 and multiply that by 4.  (The why of this is in the 9/5ths.  You want the 4/5 part and your second string part as explained below.)

So 20/5=4.   4 * 4= 16.

Your going to boil it down to a simple addition string of three parts with the first and third part easily remembered.  In this case the first part is 20 the third part will always be 32.

So your simple addition string becomes: 20+16+32= 68.

Yeah I did pass the CPA Exam in May of 1991.

And my math is much better than "New Math" or drunken teacher old math.

© 2020 Thomas Murphy

My father taught me how to do math in my head when I was just a boy.

Now there are two ways to do this.  And your mind might have the capability to automatically divert to the easiest.

Second method.

Forget completely about the decimal place.  Lets say that Celsius Temperature is 20.  You take the 8 from 1.8 above.  Multiply that by 20 or just two because the second digit is a zero in this case.  So you get 16.  Forget about the Decimal because you already know the range of possibilities the number is going to end up being.  So here becomes your string 20 +16+32= 68 Fahrenheit. 

Now if have the ability to multiply out the 1.8 then just add the result of that to the 32 and it is even easier.  In the forget about the Decimal place method you should be able to do it quickly.  And get 36 plus 32 = 68.  So converting the string part one plus string part two become automatic in the 1.8 method if you can do it.  And you will be able to after awhile.  Encouragement.

And if you fail don't blame me, it is your own fault.

Post Script © 2020 Thomas Paul Murphy








No comments:

Post a Comment