The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Monday, December 6, 2021

Pet Peeve 12 06 2021

 This is one of my Pet Peeves.  A dial indicator without a top orientated visible marking.  In this case it is a toaster.

So what I did was to take an exacto knife and scratch a series of marks where it should be.  Aligned with the mark on the circumference.

Wear eye protection when doing stuff like this.

Then I took a black permanent marker and went over the scratches.

The black marker mark won't likely come out of the scratches.

Kicked myself for not doing it 5 years ago.  But who wants to modify something new?  Kind of spoil sport to do so right away? 

And do know what likely happens next after you do something like this?  The whole thing stops working for an unrelated, product life (?), Reason?




© 2021 Thomas Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment