The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Monday, June 26, 2023

Bank Fraud 06 26 2023

Bank Fraud 06 26 2023


So someone that I know had a ~$2,000.00 check drawn on their checking account.

However the face of the check was not their check face! And indeed it was not a payment that they had made.

So they called the bank, right away, that same day they noticed it in their online account.

And the bank told them that someone wrote a fraudulent check on their account with their checking number on it. And that they would need to come in right away to the bank to sign in order to have a new checking account opened.

At first they said the money was already taken out of the account.

So some questions were asked at the bank. And they showed a copy of the check. Oddly enough that copy of the check was not available for the person to look at online as most are. Even before mention of it to the bank.

The check face was that of a Car Dealership in Colorado. But the check itself was cashed in Ohio. At a different bank there.

So they told that 91 year old woman, with a physical disability, that someone took her account number and bank tracking number and put it on that check. Forged a check.

Okay so the next day the bank calls that woman and tells her that it was just a check reading error. That the check reading machine misread one number on the many digit account number?

That the money taken out was reversed. That she didn't have to open up a new checking account and reestablish any and all direct deposit links. Which would take a lot of time.

But the bank gave her a photo copy of that check. And I looked at it. And you can't see where the account number on the check is!!! It is cut off! You just have the number her bank printed underneath it as it scanned that.

*****'

The check was not signed on the back by a person. It was rubber stamped and there was not a persons name in the text of the stamp.

So I guess the point here is. You know, when fraud happens they say it is all overseas based? I don't believe that to be true. I think it could be the guy driving the expensive sports car opened a boilerroom and hires immigrants with nothing to lose?

The bank always wants this woman to have to come into the bank branch. Her password was changed on her bank account 3 times and the bank wanted her to have to come in, in order to resolve that? Sounds odd to me. As if they want control of that money so that it can be “Churned.” and gone!

But what is....

An inside job?

So lets say that two or more bank employees wanted to collude in order to create such a scheme? Could it be done? I think so. And what credibility does an elderly person have in the matter? Do I need to hearken to what the Bible tells us, “They raid the estates of widows and orphans?”

So how could a scheme be established?

  1. You would need a check printer or way to print a check whereby you didn't take a photo copy of the bottom line of the account number? As I stated was the case. Seems odd in an automated photocopy function?

  2. You would need to establish an account whereby the fraudulently attained money could be deposited?

  3. You would need a fake business name or a real business participant? Or could you use an established business not yours as the address? Somehow initially you would have had to attained their check logo-ing.

  4. You would or might need a way to bypass what should be standard operating procedure or standard industry procedure?

  5. You would need some upper level authority in the bank to be going along with the scheme?

If I were the President of a Village should I have the power to not renew a lease or residency of a business I find to be scamming my citizens?

I went with this woman to the bank. And when I asked them if their fraud department would create a synopsis of the event as they saw it to give to the police, they told me that there wasn't going to be anything like that.

When I asked if they minded if I got the Police involved they told me I likely didn't have a cause because their was no money gone but I might have a grievance.

I don't believe I will go to the Police. But perhaps if you are a Police Officer you can read this here and take note of it.

What I am getting at is the plausible deniability created. Whereby at first it is a fraudulent check. But then it is just a check reading error. As if a safety net is created in that to evade prosecution if someone speaks up with authority about the transaction?

And I have not mentioned any names or ethnicities. So everything here is generic. I will assume innocence and I do not want to get anyone fired.

But I believe a lot of fraudulent events can be sorted through quickly. And if indeed we had a valid court system fraud would go away. And I believe that we have had a faulted court system since the 18th Amendment whereby the court system would not prosecute the illegal bootleggers, the bootleggers were labeled untouchable!

© 2023 Thomas Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment