The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

The Absolute Best Gravy I Ever Made 6 21 2023 Updated to include recipe.

 

Best Gravy Ever 06 21 2023


This gravy was made by adding about 3/4” of water to a larger frying pan and cooking 4 hamburgers slowly in that water. I also made mashed potatoes in a separate pot.


Ingredients for Gravy:


4 carrots cut peeled and cut lengthwise into fourths. Remove those before you add the hamburgers and place them in the water with the cooking potatoes in the other pot.


A. 1 inch off the top of an onion, chop it up add it to water.

B. A pinch of salt.

C. Sprinkle in whole seed rosemary.

D. As hamburgers are cooking I perhaps added 5 tablespoons of dollar store flour to the pan. Put it to the side of hamburgers in the pot and I stirred it with a small electric drink stirrer to make sure it cooked good.

E. 1 clove of garlic just sliced up and not all the way through even.

F. Perhaps 3 tablespoons or a quarter cup of barley. Toss it in your bullet grinder with the smaller blade and try and powder it. Then toss it in the pan right away and stir it up a bit.

G. The last ingredient I added was something I bought from a Mexican Grocery store in about a 20 ounce screw top plastic jar. It was Tomato Bouillon with chicken flavor. I talked to the clerks about it for awhile. I probably added a teaspoon.


At the end of cooking I took the hamburgers out, I had added about a quarter slice of cheese to the top of each.

Then I stirred the gravy up. But to my surprise when I got to this point it didn't need much stirring.

I will highlight the ingredients in this.

H. I also added a pinch of turmeric early on. Thinking it might give the gravy some color.

This gravy was the absolute best that I have ever made or ever tasted for that matter!!!

I just took a tablespoon and ate what was left of it right out of the frying pan it was that good!

And don't forget the flavor from the cooking meat that is part of it.

And I added some more water to the pan as it cooked.  Just held it under the filtered faucet.


That is the recipe. And it is in that form. Like a treasure map form.


Ayea.


© 2023 Thomas Paul Murphy



No comments:

Post a Comment