The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Monday, June 19, 2023

Pot Smokers...to the Meat Slicer plus Bonus Item06 19 2023

 So today I went to a grocery store that I like that I haven't been to in some time.  And they used to have a deli with a person who would come to the counter from behind.

And you used to be able to buy ham from that person.  Although you might have to ring a bell.

And it was the best ham.  And you can still buy it there.  But it is all pre-sliced and in the counter with all the other meats.  And it was really inexpensive.  (I found another good place though too for quality ham for $3.99 to $5.99 range.)

Did I say that the deli was all walled off and you would never know that it had ever been there?

So I wondered why?  

Is it because:

1.  They couldn't get anyone competent to work the meat slicer?  Maybe they only had one person who could do it on a Saturday and that person gave up the ghost?

2.  They couldn't afford the insurance to slice the meat on premise?

But what kind of a country would it be if everyone who smoked pot were required to work the meat slicer?  And required to meet a quota?

BONUS ITEM

What happened to the Mormon who trimmed the tree with chain saw and fell off the ladder?

He became a Ladder Day Saint.

Honestly.  Could we have a national holiday to honor Ladder Day Saints?

*****'

Oh Christ, now I am going get even more religious on you.

What was that village of the Gods in the Bible whereby everyone in it could only do one thing?  Was it the village of the Gods called the Garden of Eden?

What did they say in that village?  "No I ain't know how to work the meat slicer?"

If you like my writing you might like my one and only novel.  I bled from the eye's ears and nose attempting to finish it.  That is how pissed God got at me for doing so?

Link to it here:

The Voyage of the Cauldron Skipper


© 2023 Thomas Paul Murphy

And what did I once read?  The oath those who join organized crime says that if they ever decide to leave the mob, "May your soul burn like the Saints?"  But what does that really mean?  It means that if you join them you are not going to have a soul at all.  It makes it a real easy decision to join up if you know you are never going to have a soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment