The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Sunday, July 23, 2023

Sonar 7 23 2023

 Can the receiver of a present day sonar be fine tuned by the mfg so that it could tell the difference between a rock and a metal object?

For example to detect a pocket with keys in it...below, or an sunken outboard.  To recover such person more immediately and administer CPR?

And once it detects metal, via resonance tech, could it also differentiate between metals, such as steel, aluminum or gold?

Somehow I believe this is possible with present day technology?  Via s/w?

Or perhaps once a metal is detected the sonar would be able to send out an array that could be used to differentiate metal type?  Or perhaps it could be done with a confidence rate based on all sonar sampling of such known readings?

So what got me thinking about this?  A reading on my sonar did.  Let's see if I can clip and post it.

I mean what is this at the bottom of a lake?


© 2023 Thomas Paul Murphy 


No comments:

Post a Comment