The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Thursday, January 3, 2019

It seems to me that mothers don't have that concerned reaction to...01 03 2018

It seems to me that mothers don't have that concerned reaction to...01 03 2018

It seems to me that mothers don't have that concerned reaction to their very young sons and daughters coughing strongly in public.

Do you know what I think when I hear it?  I think that mother probably stinks up the whole house by smoking a pack of cigarettes at night while she drinks her whisky and thinks of how she can pretend to be a tough and strong man the next day?

And I am serious.

What is the best prescription for a child that has a cough?  Part of it should be that that parent can't smoke and drink in the house.

Some people call this utopian thinking that is not reasonable.  To me those are people who think in loser terms.

How many adults live in their childhood?  Have immature emotions and thoughts?  And does it seem like their maturity doesn't make it past high school?  I think we need to be better than that.

And of course on the other side of the tracks you have the mother that views her home and family like she is managing a dollhouse as an adult.  And those of you who like to write short stories and don't have petualant brats mysteriously molesting your mind; go to it on that concept~ the fully grown woman who considers her home and family as if she is managing a dollhouse.

The potential for satire there is unparalleled. 

© 2018 Thomas Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment