The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Friday, January 6, 2023

Oven Baked French Fries Recipe best 1 6 2023


Oven Baked French Fries Recipe.

Best I've ever made.

Okay my dear.  Pay attention cause I'm going fast.

Put a saucepan half full of water on stove we I to g a dash of salt and the vinegar.  About as much water as you believe will cover the potato's and not overflow.

While that is coming to a boil.  Haphazardly peel and poke any eyes out of the potatoes with your peeler end.  And if it looks like there is nothing wrong under the skin of the potato right there, leave that skin on.  That is what I mean by haphazardly.

Now cut the potatoes lengthwise so that the square end profile is 1/2" to 5/8".  And don't try to be too exact.  Just get it done quickly and emphasize not cutting yourself.   As you get to many fries to overflow your work area put them in the water on the stove and keep cutting the other potatoes to fries as so.

Boil all the potatoes until they just start to break in half when you nudge them with the spatula.  With the vinegar in there I call this a Blanch Boil.  Very important step.

Then drain them by using a strainer spoon held to the pot lip while you hold that section of the pot lip to a top corner of your kitchen sink.  If you can't visualize the correctly stop right there, that's it, I can't teach you anything.

Grind a quarter cup to a half cup of oatmeal flakes in your bullet grinder using the shallow cutting head.  Grind it to a powder.

Right in that bullet grinder reservoir add about an eighth a cup of whole wheat flour.  Add a little salt there, add a sprinkle of Sage Powder, add a few good shakes of Penzeys Justice salt free seasoning.  Add a little garlic powder too.

Now quickly stir that seasoning mix up with a spoon or fork or whatever.

Now I poured some Sunflower Oil over the potato's right out of the bottle.  And I had a tick in my shoulder or something when I did so I probably added to much.  So the right amount is perhaps a quarter cup.  Immediately after that stir the fries around with the big spoon a little so that the oil is evenly dispersed.

Now oil your cooking sheet.  I believe they are called a fudge sheet?  Oh what do they actually call that?  I am drawing a blank?  Mine is light golden colored with little dimples on the bottom and the largest of three that came in a pack from the discount regional hardware store.  I just looked it up and it is called a Cookie Sheet.  A little disparity between that and a baking sheet that doesn't have a captive crown on it!!!?  What's what?  Let's argue?

Immediately after that pour about a third of your seasoning mix from the grinder reservoir onto the potatoes and stir or gently toss is what I mean.  Then another third and gently toss.  Then the remainder and gently toss.

I put that on the top rack of the oven with the broiler set to 500 degrees.

Put the oven light on.

Do not open the oven until you see the top has browned.

When the top has browned flip sections of those potatoes over with a spatula, probably about six sections flipped will do it, so that all are flipped over.

Shut the over door and continue to cook until the top starts to brown.

Remove and serve with ketchup.

Best that I have ever made.

And don't be too concerned if they look more like something not french fries than french fries at any time during making, eating or serving this.

Better than what the guy with the bad attitude in the deli part of the grocery store makes!  Better than at the gas station.  Better than the restaurant.  I think I got that better part covered!

Ingredients:

5 Large Gold (Yukon style) Potato's

~1/4 cup white vinegar

Sunflower Oil

~1/4 -1/2 cup ground oatmeal, grind it in your Bullet Grinder, with the shallow blade

~1/8 cup whole wheat flour

Sage Powder

Penzey Justice Salt Free Seasoning

Salt

Garlic Powder

*****'

Now, here you see it being served with Bluegill and small tomatoes.



I mean, who is going to help you in life?  The same people who stick their foot out to trip you?  No.  I mean really, do you actually believe that someone that sticks their foot out to trip people is going to help you?  You really believe that?  Get out of here, I can't teach you anything.

© 2023 Thomas Paul Murphy 

Why I can't make this commentary nicer, to appeal to more people?  I don't know.  Something defeating?

No comments:

Post a Comment