The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Wouldn't you think that if you were born visually impaired or mentally retarded that 12 16 2018

Wouldn't you think that if you were born visually impaired or mentally retarded that  12 16 2018

Wouldn't you think that if you were born visually impaired or mentally retarded that you would be so happy to be alive that you would never seek drugs and alcohol at all?

Unfortunately I don't believe that statement holds true, I believe the opposite of it is true.

*****'

Recent stats I read say that 17 out of a 100 children likely have some form of mental retardation from fetal alcohol syndrome (mother (or likely father) drank while pregnant or during conception or just before that)

Lets say that alcohol was used by mainly that 1 out of 5 Americans.

Weighing the cost of that to our society compared to the benefit those who you would think would just be happy to be alive...

In other words, if a primarily mentally retarded person needs it to be is that something that the world should support?

I think it is something to be prohibited.

*****'

And at what level of Prohibition would be needed?  It is illegal to research bombs, right?  What if it were illegal everywhere in the world to publish, share or possess alcohol brewing, fermenting, etc. recipes?

© 2018 Thomas Murphy

I wouldn't have cared had  you not bothered me for my human soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment