The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Dinner Meatloaf 5 25 2022 Updated to include recipe

 

 

 How I made this.

This was the absolute best Meat Loaf I have ever made! I never ever wanted to make Meat loaf again after the other meat loafs I made. I used Paula Deans Recipe as a suggestion.


But this is my rough ingredient count.

1 Pound fresh unfrozen Ground Chuck

1 Pound fresh unfrozen Ground Sirloin

¾ t salt

¼ black pepper

3 Vedalia Onions Chopped

1 Green Pepper Chopped

probably about a 10 ounce can of chopped tomatoes

½ cup uncooked quick type oatmeal

probably about a cup bread crumbs



topping to place on top before put in oven

2 T ketchup

2 T brown sugar

1 T yellow mustard


I do not use exact measurements, just get what looks to be right, guesstimate if you will. In a game of cards that is called playing fast and loose. :)

Baked this at 375 degrees for probably an hour and 15 minutes and the infrared thermometer read 192 degrees Fahrenheit in the center, after creating a chasm with the spatula and shooting it with the IRT Gun!

Oven rack was number two.

It had a really light texture.


First off I sauteed the onions and green pepper in butter in a frying pan. I read that this is the way to go! And it is!

I chucked up the ground beefs with my fingers and then mixed those chucks together. Then added the salt and pepper. Added the oat meal then mixed some more then added the bread crumbs and mixed some more. Then I took the chopped can of tomatoes and drained the sauce from them into the sink drain. I mixed that with the meat. Then I took the sauteed onions and green pepper, still hot from the frying pan, I turned that into the mix with a giant ladle. All this mixing and adding done in a rectangular casserole dish with glass lid. Used the glass lid on it to bake it.

Then quickly stirred up the topping ingredients with a fork in a cup. For the ketchup I added some water to the bottle and shook it to get some out because it was near empty. Just took a tablespoon and smeared the top of the meatloaf with it.

A lot of meat loaf you buy prepared at the grocer just hits you in the gut after you eat it!  This was nothing like that!

Again, this is the best Meat Loaf I have ever made or eaten!

© 2022 Thomas Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment