The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

What to do with Old Buns 08 23 2023

 


And so I went to get the buns out for the hamburgers today and they were hard as a rock!  They weren't moldy or anything like that.  But they were hard.  But not hard all the way through.  So let me tell you how I salvaged that.

First you cut them in half like you are going to make them for a hamburger.

Now if you have two buns get four slabs of butter going in your frying pan at about medium heat.  Or use less slabs and move it around with a spatula a little to coat the entire bottom of the pan.

Then you head over to the kitchen sink.

You hold one half of the bun in your in your right hand.  Turn on the faucet water.  Now get your left hand wet.  And then slap one side of that half bun with that wet hand and move it around.  Now get your hand wet again and slap that water on the other half of that bun.  Set those on a plate and then proceed to do the same to the other bun.

As soon as you are done with that take them and put them cut side down on that buttered frying pan.  And give them that browned grease look.

I then set mine on a plate and put a piece of gouda cheese between them while I went on to fry the butter burgers.

They turned out great!  Not quite the same as fresh buns.  But a different flavor profile that I swear is just as good.

© 2023 Thomas Paul Murphy

PS.
The other day I made a chocolate cake from a box.  It required three eggs, water and oil.  I had two fresh eggs and some hard boiled eggs.  I took one of those hard boiled eggs and put it in the bullet grinder with some of the measured out oil and water, and hurricaned it.  That cake is the best chocolate cake I ever made.  I also squirted some chocolate syrup into the batter and some cocoa powder into the batter too, but not too much!  Wanted to let you know that the hb egg idea worked out great!

I have one more secret for you.  I bought a spiral potato cutter online.  Made of plastic.  Has a circle for your finger, then a plastic blade about 2" long and then a screw eye that goes into the potato.  And it cuts them up thin fast!  I really like it.  Great tool.  Great invention!  

© 2023 Thomas Murphy 

No comments:

Post a Comment