The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Thursday, August 17, 2023

Places a President of the United States wouldn't go to 08 17 2023

Are there places in the United States that a President wouldn't go to?

For example a street in California where there is a homeless camp or drug users are sprawled out?

Have you ever seen a President of the United States go to a place like that? 

And what would you say to those people if you went there and you were President of the United States?  "I am President of the United States, I know this is wrong, I care and I am going to do something so that you have a better life?"

When Franklin D. Roosevelt was President he took alcohol out in his car and gave it to rural Americans?  I wonder how many of them had their lives ruined by alcohol?  Would FDR go to homeless campsites or drug user streets?  Do you see the dichotomy?

And why don't they go their?

Because perhaps those peoples lives were Capitalized for money.  Whereby if you do something about their condition or attempt to you are shutting down a source of profit for someone else?  And if that isn't the exact element isn't the gestalt an element of that?  Or isn't there some hidden element of that we don't see?

Sure you can walk through the streets and when you see a beggar think to yourself, "There for the grace of God go I?"  But what does that really mean? Somehow that person offended God and you didn't as much?  Why didn't that person deserve the grace of God and you did?  Perhaps that has to do with genetics and the ability to learn?  And having learned you cause less conflict and violence, and hence you receive the grace of God?  Perhaps God saw that persons behavior in life and he is putting them in that position as a test?

The point being in that last paragraph is that as President you are responsible for those people.  You can't make assumptions like above that allow you to shirk that responsibility or brush away the concern.

What does it take to bring someone like that back?  So as part of doing that you have to understand how they got there.  And create the conditions precedent for everyone that no one ends up like that?

So how do you be responsible?  How do you prevent yourself from saying that is somebody elses problem?  Perhaps you have to view life as if you are fighting for a younger version of yourself?  Perhaps you see all the traps that there are in life, the temptations, and you don't want a younger version of yourself, you don't want their life to be distracted by any of that?

So Jesus Christ he walked through the leaper colony.  That is much like a drug user living on the street today?  Why wasn't he afraid of getting sick?  He had human form, because if he didn't he would not have suffered and died on the cross.  Perhaps he viewed illness as demonic possession by evil, and hence that is why he had no fear.  And if you look that up it is true isn't it!  Doesn't matter what the sickness is, just presume it is caused by the presence of evil that isn't natural to that person?  Seems like I am writing an entire new article, how to be a faith healer? :)

In order to cast a demon out you have to recognize the presence of demons first?  You can't rule that idea out, you can't be one who propagandizes that believing something like that is a criteria for diagnosis of mental illness.

Back on topic here.  If there is a high crime neighborhood there is more risk than reward for a President to visit it.  But wouldn't a good President view their presidency as the ultimate opportunity to improve neighborhoods.  And I don't necessarily believe it happens by pumping money into such neighborhoods.  I think, more or less it has to do with the attitude of the residents? Do you want to keep the street in front of your house clean?  Or are you afraid to go out of your front door?

How to make bad neighborhoods good?  I think strong justice has something to do with it.  And there is a construct (was in the movie Grand Torino) whereby the lessers of a community don't want those who are able to, to rise about the badness of that community.  And right there I ask the question.  "Who is the adult leader of the lessers?"  Can I tell you that I have met many people like that.  I know how they talk,  I know what they sound like.  I know their fear of upward mobility.  It will surface rather quickly.  And who has fear of upward mobility?  Those who didn't really deserve to be at the level "upper" that they are at.  They want a system of favors.  They want a system of control whereby they don't ever have to worry about losing the position of king pin.  Can you feel the sickness that is represented by that?

Well I will stop right there.  Ran out of stuff to say in this diatribe.  But why did I view it as my responsibility to write it?  Because it is a true thought to me.  Because I have never seen other people write things like this.  Perhaps I think it helps lend understanding.  And indeed perhaps I want to help versions of myself younger than myself not get entrapped by the above?

Now here is an interesting philosophical question that arises.  Off topic.  But who is it that walks away from ideas?     There but for the grace of God go I.

© 2023 Thomas Paul Murphy




No comments:

Post a Comment