The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Thursday, April 18, 2024

I 794 Bypass 04 18 2024

 What a beautiful highway!  Allows you to get where you want to go in Milwaukee more efficiently!  Hence very modern!  A modern marvel of architecture and construction.

So somehow if you remove that it makes the community a better place?

So we had a shopping mall down there.  It has been deserted several times.  Why?

Because that thing that wants to drag you off into a corner someone is around?

No lady would ever go to a place like that.  No lady would ever go to a place like that alone.

So is the idea that if you remove that I794 bypass you create a better community because there are less shadowy places for that thing that wants to drag you into a corner to haunt?

Perhaps there is something you need to know about evil and organized crime.  Something about how there used to be two newspapers in Milwaukee.  And they were located next to each other.  And writers for those newspapers got hit on the head with a pipe while walking around those buildings?  Ask yourself who would do that and why?  To make sure that people only wrote what you told them and not what they themselves believed?  Which really isn't journalism at all is it.

Am I so dumb as to think that a young man and woman come to Milwaukee see that elevated highway structure look underneath into the shadowy area parking lot, in the middle of the honking city and say to themselves, "I want to raise my children right there!"  If we were to just remove all that shadowing concrete and all those concrete parking lots, right here is where I want to live.  In the heart of tavern city United States!  Am I that dumb?  Am I that naïve?

One more point.  As if the people who want to renovate that area truly have good intentions?  Back when I was in college I worked for an Italian man.  The Italian Community wanted to put up an Italian Community Center.  But they needed signatures to do it.  It was more or less of a matter of employment that you sign that.  And we were personally told that anyone would be able to go there and work out!  That it had a gym and a swimming pool we could use.  You know what? I held them to that!  My friend and I got our gym bags and went down there to use it when it opened.  And a big ugly guy that looked like Andre the Giant was swimming in the pool.  And they would not let us in.  In fact they enjoyed by brash about not letting us in.

So we already have a bad precedent for this area!  You are not going to convince anything otherwise.  Perhaps the greatest thing about that bypass is it allows you to bypass that!

© 2024 Thomas Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment