The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Thursday, April 11, 2024

I like what Joseph Biden has done for the interest rate on Savings 04 11 2024

 Which brings me to a point I am going to attempt to make cryptically.

So lets say that you own a bank.  How are you going to do when the interest rates increase?

When you have to pay more to United States Citizens in order to compete with Treasury Bills?

All pure speculation?

Perhaps you run for Senator in an effort to reverse the high interest rates consumers are receiving?

Or I don't know, perhaps you love it.

*****'

I mean it was decades on end.  "How much does that savings account pay?  Is that 2%?  No something is wrong with that decimal.  Is that 2 tenths of a percent?  No that ain't it either.  You mean it is only a measly two one hundreds of a percent?"

The Treasury Bill rate is around 5.2 percent when I looked the other day.

The rich don't like it when the middle class start to do better.  I talked to a secretary of the President of and Investment Firm.  She said, "He views people like pieces of meat."

© 2024 Thomas Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment