The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Broken Plastic Lids 02 07 2024

 So I have some glass storage containers that I use for leftovers in the refrigerator.

But the lids that came with them are cracked.

Can I be like that Youtube guy that takes a plastic soda bottle and a hair drying and melts it to some other form?

Can I do that and melt that soda bottle to form a new plastic lid for those quart sized containers?  They are circular, about 3" high and perhaps 6 or 7 inches round.

Can it be done?

I haven't researched it first.

Perhaps what I need is a smooth template with rounded edges just the right dimension in order to form that heated plastic over?  Perhaps I need to cut it a little larger than the diameter I need, drill holes around the circumference and stretch it downward on the template to do so?

Perhaps then I very neatly trim off the excess?

A lot of energy goes into making things.  I suppose if you were raised not to know the true value of a dollar and not being wasteful you would say just throw the glass out too and buy new ones?

"Waste not, want not."  Does it come from the Bible?  Not directly but read this. 

Mat 12:25  "Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and no city or house divided against itself will stand."  Source Biblehub.com

Okay, now while I was looking up the origin of that I found something else in the next article.  Be sure not to miss it!

© 2024 Thomas Paul Murphy

 


No comments:

Post a Comment