The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Friday, February 16, 2024

You know how 2 16 2024

 You know how you see people slicing food with a butcher knife and you are concerned they could cut themselves doing that?

Well that happened to me tonight.

Took about 1/4 of the fingernail on my left index finger straight off.   It also took a 1/8" layer at the tip.  But my skin is thick there. So I took my swiss army knife scissors and cut that hanging off or hinged skin off.  

So that is my left hand.

On my right I accidently got my thumb banged in a car door on December 2nd on a sight seeing trip to a lake and there is only half a fingernail there now.

I may just sit  in one spot or lie down and just do absolutely nothing for days or perhaps weeks or months or years.  For fear of having an accident if I don't.  Learned helplessness.

1 dollar chicken pot pies from now on.  No more home made French fries.  No more homemade applesauce.  No more trips to the lake.

See you later.

© 2024 Thomas Murphy

Ps. The voices loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment