The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bad Living Environments 12 11 2011

Bad Living Environments 12 11 2011

Today I was driving through Shorewood Wisconsin on my way home.   I saw a few houses for sale.  And I thought sometimes houses for sale have one is called an Estate Sale.  Then I looked at all the houses I drove past in Shorewood.  Sure they were large brick houses but they had absolutely no back yard.  So how can you say you are having an Estate Sale when you do not truly have an Estate?  Why don’t you have an Estate?  Because the true connotation of an Estate is lots of Land!
Later today I watched the evening news.  On 76th Street and Good Hope there was a school where there trouble after a dance and some 12 High School aged students were arrested.  I looked at the footage of the video on the television and thought.  Who the H311 wants to live there!  No one should ever have to live there.  Big paved parking lots is what I saw; and cold storefront looking businesses!
Then I thought how can you make someplace like 76th Street and Good Hope a better place to live?  And here is the answer I came up with regarding all areas like this in Milwaukee, including the “Estately” Shorewood.  We bull doze every other house!  And then the owner can plant a garden or a trellis for grapes or flowers or whatever vegetable.  Or a side yard filled with trees!  There should be a nationwide zoning limit on how much paved parking space you can have in a neighborhood!  This would indeed seem like a much better living environment!
Okay so we can’t bull doze every other house.  How about we bull doze every current drug house or drug dealer house or crime based house and say that there can never be a house put there again.  We also say that it is the owner’s or landlord’s expense!  We might solve more than one problem at once.  Children need this breathing room to develop properly!  (Could maybe even make little fishing ponds.)
Thomas Paul Murphy
Copyright 2011 Thomas Paul Murphy
Originally published on 12 11 2011 at:  www.themilwaukeeandwisconsinnews.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I heard on the news tonight 03 08 2012 that Milwaukee is considering doing just this!

    ReplyDelete