The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Monday, May 8, 2023

Publicly Owned Sports Teams 05 08 2023

 What if the public were the equal owners of sports teams?

So if you had a team based in Milwaukee all people of that county were owners of that sports team equally.

The team couldn't therefore be sold because it had to stay in that one place?  But the name could be sold, so the team could be sold?

Then your city could open up a new team and new name?

What am I getting at?

Lets say you have a multimillion dollar player.  He or she then buys ownership in another sports team.  As a large owner he or she has the power to say who is to be hired and fired.  And he or she has a winning coach fired?  Perhaps he was let go from the team he was playing on.

*****'

And I have to speak in vague terms.

Lets say that you had a highly paid player.  And to watch him drive a basketball to the hoop and do a layup, well it looks like long and gangly movements in the arms and legs that would be very hard to cover.  But the irony here is that that awkward moving player then falls out of mid air directly on his lower back.  And you can't tell me that doesn't affect the body rhythm required to make free throws and other baskets.

And then you had a former player for a Catholic College.  And his 3 points shots were the fastest throws I have seen.  And they were all swishes!

And the defense of that same team was incredible.  Once the ball was passed to a 3 point shooter, every member of that 5 closed in on the person they were "allocated" to covering on offense!  A tight defense!

So I don't know what I am saying, what point I am trying to get across.  Well maybe I really do.  And perhaps it has been too long since that event for me to comment on it as best as I could have.

*****'

But if every member of that "public" got paid when Joe Blow drinks a beer at a stadium or forum, I think it would be a better place.

*****'

And the other day I saw a homeless man with a cell phone.  And I couldn't figure out how he could afford to pay for it?  Not only that but how would he pay the bill for it.

And perhaps the answer to that is the same answer as to why I get calls for leg splinters from people who say they are from medicare, when I never had a broken leg in my life?  Are they booking a profit?

Of course they are.  So it is a form of welfare to the criminal minded that it is allowed to happen.

And what about Corporations that commit crimes?  Isn't that really another form of welfare to the criminal minded?

This is really how I see things.  Go to he11 if you want to try to take away my right to free speech or that same right of people like me.

© 2023 Thomas Murphy

You know what that limited liability corporate shield really is?  Welfare to the criminal minded.  I assert they don't live and think like you and I do.  That mind squirms like a toad!  And it actively sustains that squirm through alcohol and drugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment