The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Friday, February 15, 2019

Muzzle Velocity of Thompson Submachine Gun Versus AR-45 02 15 2019

Muzzle Velocity of Thompson Submachine Gun Versus AR-45  02 15 2019

So my father was in the North Korea.  He as a Tech 5 Sergeant.

I asked myself this am.  What is the muzzle velocity of an AR-45 versus a Thompson Submachine Gun used in North Korea.

It looks like the AR-45 has a Muzzle Energy of 405 FT LB's  (data per this video.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1-CXurBgys

Whereas the Thompson had a Muzzle Energy of 432 FT Lbs per this link.

http://www.koreanwaronline.com/arms/thompson.htm


I think I am making an apples to apples comparison here.  And in arms talk that might be considered a significant difference?

What about accuracy?  More research needed.

But that Thompson was straight blowback (or delayed blowback??), so how could it have a higher muzzle energy?

And perhaps these are questions for me to research better before I assert them.

Could it have benefited soldiers in the Middle East?  Didn't want to be too strong there because it would have disrupted Saudi Royal Family links to Britain and U.S. Oil Corp. Import pass through money?  What else do you call it?  Look at what it really represents and ask yourself whose lives are being put on the line for it and who is bearing the profit?  That is something that should be nationalized considering what it is.

© 2019 Thomas Murphy

Should some company make a legal Semi Auto 80% Thompson Receiver?  I believe so.  I think someone does per a search.

I have always been curious as to how accurate it is after reading that they passed through Britain on the way to the IRA; and wondered if they were modified to be inaccurate both there and for those fighting for Prohibition.




No comments:

Post a Comment