The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Sunday, February 12, 2023

The Color Taupe is named after the French mole. 02 12 2023

I never knew that.  I was looking for a good starting word for "Wordle" just now and started to think about that.  How does the word Taupe designate a color?

Because it was named after a dark haired mole, in France.

So it couldn't have been a good color?  "Your new sportcoat is so Taupe?"  Would be the snotty words said?

french mole - Search (bing.com)

taupe - Search (bing.com)


toupee - Search (bing.com


And look at how close those two words are, Taupe a color and Toupee a mens whig.

Were they essentially the same word and then disambiguated into two words?

So was the toupee named after the French Mole?  Did one guy say to another, 

"Ah hah, I see you have a French Mole on your head today?"

"Yeah buddy, at least I didn't marry one!"

© 2023 Thomas Paul Murphy

Speaking of which.  Whenever I drink coffee the acid in it seems to give me aches and pains I wouldn't otherwise have?  Can that acid also therefore cause male pattern baldness/ hair loss?  My widows peaks seem to be getting a little higher?  But there is hope.  Yes, there is hope in the French Mole.


No comments:

Post a Comment