The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Anyone Ever Hear of a Union for Lawyers 04 16 2013

Anyone Ever Hear of a Union for Lawyers 04 16 2013

Anyone ever hear of a union for Lawyers?

And while I am on the issue of lawyers, why does the Police Force need a Union?

Is it a sign of weakness that Police Officers need a Union?  You would think that a Police force would be populated with men and women of strong integrity that can stick up for themselves as well as the public?

If the police force cannot even articulate their rights and assert what they should be how can they assert your rights as a public citizen?

I read an article yesterday.  And I believe that I read that the head of the Police Union in Milwaukee is ...well the name was the same one as a real estate developer in Wisconsin that went bankrupt and lives in Florida?  What is my point?  I guess I want to know why a Union Representative is not someone who actually did the job?  For all I know he did, but it doesn't sound to me like he did.

It reads to me like the thug who comes around your slum house and wants to sell you insurance against violence?

I think the exact same that I do about various forms of Insurance as I do about Unions!  Someone is weaseling their way into the business community and creating jobs that cause problems!

And after all this I have to ask myself we have been hearing a lot about the Tea Party on television.  They are mentioned along with the Democratic and Republican Parties when it comes to opinions; I am not sure why.  But those of you who know the history of the original Tea Party- do you ask yourself, "Is the current Tea Party behind the bombing at the Boston Marathon yesterday?"  Who doesn't ask themselves that?  Or rather, "Did the pomp of the current form of a Political party that does not represent U.S. history incite a bonafide Tea Party incident?"  Is that going to be the new coined phrase?  "There was another Tea Party incident yesterday?"  Yesterday was Tax Day, when income taxes are due in the United States.  The original Tea Party was about Taxes without representation and it lead right to the Revolutionary War with the British, we won that one and sent them home.  And Historically because of the Integrity and Constitutional Values of the United States we have been successful at war. Something to think about?

Did we ever hear the articulated reason why someone bombed the IRS building several years ago?  That person was doped up and the public was forbidden to view their testimony?  I am not condoning his action, quite to the contrary our Government needs to be able to collect taxes so that our rights can be protected and peaceful society maintained.  But wouldn't it have benefited the American public to hear his testimony as well as that of every defendant that ever went before the court?  How can we set a precedent for new laws with regard to people and incidents like this if there is nothing to build an understanding of precedent on?  In other words how can law students create a better society if they are not privy to such testimony?  And what if that person has been put on a medicine that prevents them from expressing themselves?  Isn't that like the Catholic Priest who molested the deaf boys? He didn't believe they would ever be able to express themselves concerning it or in defense of themselves!!!! Doesn't create a good precedent does it?  He was wrong wasn't he!

The question of the day would be, "How many Americans feel that our Constitutional rights have been lessened or contorted?"  In other words you read the Constitution and you read the current affairs in our country and the two have no correlation!

Which gets me to the issue of the Union that is created by the United States- if Lawyers don't need a Union, but for some reason everyone else who works needs a Union, "Do we need lawyers in our Union?"

Copyright 2013 Thomas Paul Murphy
Originally published on 04 16 2013 at: www.themilwaukeeandwisconsinnews.blogspot.com

ps.  A police Union sets a second order of hierarchy and reporting? A second chain of command that might not be valid or indeed might work against the justice system.  I have been wanting to write it for some time so I finally will, "Drugs are so widespread in the United States in rural and urban areas that you would swear the police are selling them out of their cars!"  There, I said it.


No comments:

Post a Comment