The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Friday, October 12, 2018

Steam-pipe Potatoes Recipe 10 12 2018

Steam-pipe Potatoes Recipe 10 12 2018




I had some small potatoes that I wanted to quickly bake because I was broiling Salmon in the oven, and it was getting late for dinner.  So here is what I did and they cooked in about 1/2 an hour.

First I peeled the potatoes and then I sliced off a small section of the bottom of each potato so that they would stand upright while in the oven.

I took an apple corer and cored out a "center" from each potato.  If I couldn't get the partial core out I cored all the way through the potato and broke off a 1/2" plug to stick in the bottom of the potato.

Next I put a "blanket" of tinfoil down for each potato.  Enough tinfoil so that I would be able to wrap the top shut by drawing it together there.

I set the potato made to look like a "Steam-pipe" on  the tinfoil.  Next I put a little piece of butter in the Steam-pipe hole.  Maybe it was 1/4" squared.  Then I put about about the same amount of a fresh piece of garlic in that steam hole.  After that I took some msg free chicken soup power and put it in a cup.  I added enough water so that I would be able to fill each hole of each potato with that amount of base mix.  Stirred that chicken base up and poured it into each potato steam hole.  Wrapped the tinfoil over the to and twisted it.  Then I put them on about the third rack down from the broiler element.  While I broiled the salmon.

This was a first time recipe I made on the fly.  So the potatoes were not done till long after the salmon.  Altogether the potatoes only took about 1/2 hour to cook.  The water in them steaming the insides and helping them quick cooker.

After about 10 minutes under the broiler element I took the salmon out and put the potatoes on the second rack from the bottom of the oven and put the oven setting to bake at 375 degrees.

Had I had more prep time I might have added some more spices to the potatoes like black pepper, Rosemary powder, etc.

These potatoes were excellent!  Moist texture somewhat like baked garlic tastes.




© 2018 Thomas Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment