The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Coffin Tackling Team Sports 03 02 2022

 Coffin Tackling Team Sports 03 02 2022

So as I was playing a word game this morning I realized something about it.  In effect you have 6 chances to get a 5 letter word right.  That would be like having  6 down in football to make a touchdown.

But you only get 4 downs in football to make a touchdown?  No.  In some instances you get added downs don't you!!! For example in the case of a bad foul!  Automatic First Down!  But that first down is really a 5th down or whatever the next in sequence down it is.

So what am I getting at?

What is a Coffin Tackle?  As I would define it, it is somewhat like a body slam.  The tackler wraps his arms around the offensive players arms and body and drives them down into the ground.  Likely giving them a lifetime concussive injury.  Highly "illegal" or against the rules in football today!  But what about the eye poke through the face mask I also saw on a televised game in my lifetime?

What am I getting at?  It is a team sport right?  What does that really mean?  What does it really mean to be a team sport?  Does it mean that just that player should be ejected from that football game or does it mean the team should be ejected from the whole game?

I am asserting right here that the whole entire team should be ejected and told to go home!  "Get your junk heads off of my green field."

I would like to see that happen!  Rather than, that was just wild eyed so and so who poked the eye or made the coffin tackle or whatever.  No.  I say the whole team needs to go home and have a, "sorrowful and sulking I am not a man moment."  And I am not sure what form of government, religion or gang is represented by the contrary of that.

© 2022 Thomas Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment