The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Genocide 03 19 2022

Genocide 03 19 2022

Let's say that in the middle of the Ocean somewhere is an island.  And on this island Cannibals live.  And anyone who comes to that island is tortured and eaten.

Am I wrong in believing that because of that habit they have the cannibal or Kuru gene?

Am I wrong in believing that is an antisocial or antihuman race?

And if they are eating people what are they doing to each other?

Now I can hear the fat lipped Spaniard talking to me already.  "They are part of an ecological system.  And you have absolutely no right to say anything about them.  They are probably perfectly happy.  Every one of them perfectly happy.  They have been living there for 10,000 years like that."

Would I have a problem with genocide of a tribe like that which kills and eats all visitors or those lost at sea?  Should I have a problem with that?  Do you want to label me as not having a human conscience if I have a problem with that way of life?

And you could make the argument that perhaps people came to that island a long time ago and they were nice to them and they barely didn't survive because they were nice to them and they got taken advantage of?  But the totality of the matter is that if you land on that island they will kill and eat you no matter what.  So you have to apply a standard to it.  What would you do if you lived on an island and people washed up on it?  You would attempt to help them get back to their home wouldn't you?  You would give them food and water.  In effect you are of the humane standard.  You wouldn't view them as a potential source of meat and eat them like they would you!

Now I can hear that Spainard some more.  "But we could learn so much from studying their behavior!  A wealth of medicine we might attain!"  No you wouldn't because you would be killed and eaten right away!

So perhaps what I am describing to you.  The gestalt of this.  Is something I call a graphed on conscience.  In terms of why you would tend to believe to leave such a place alone? I would say that there are definite characteristics to such conscience.  One of them being.  "What right do you have to think for yourself?"  "Who are you to make humane judgements?"  "There are no born illegal individuals on earth."  "Culture is culture, we must welcome them into the fold."

What if I just had a friend wash up there and eaten by them?

© 2022 Thomas Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment