The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Friday, August 12, 2022

A Cardboard Box with a Lid Like This 08 12 2022

 


There ought to be a relatively inexpensive coating that can either be lightly brushed or sprayed on a cardboard box whereby you could sit that cardboard box outside and it would be waterproof and last for at least five years in a winter/summer season geography.

Why?  I bought a new garden hose nozzle.  And I paid a little more for it.  I want to have a place to keep it outside near my garden hose spigot, therefore I can always easily find it.  And because it is protected from the elements I do not have to worry if I miss a few days change of the season and it freezes and cracks and becomes zero.

But I am tired of making boxes for everything.  So we need a better solution.

Plastic isn't a solution! 

But if all boxes were made with a lid that envelopes the upper rim of a box then if the material of the box were waterproof then so would be the box.

What would be wrong with saying all cardboard boxes have to be made like that?  And if a consumer had the option to make it durable?

Perhaps a half gallon of the chemical needed to make a cardboard box durable should cost a dollar?

I know what you are thinking.  That cardboard is recycled and used over anyway.

But energy is used in recycling and also more trees are still being cut down in spite of it.

Ever keep a quart of household cleaner in your basement.  You go to get it and somehow it has all evaporated in spite of the lid being tight?  Where did it go?  It went into your lungs and blood didn't it!

So indeed all household chemicals should be kept outside.  

And here is a great analogy to a predator among us?

All chemicals should be kept outside just as a camper keeps the meat outside and far away from his tent to prevent personal harm from bears! 

And can hear the three toed Chemistry Professor having a crying fit again!

© 2022 Thomas Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment