The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Exhaust Tailpipes that don't extend past the body of the car 04 24 2018

Exhaust Tailpipes that don't extend past the body of the car  04 24 2018

This really bothers me.  And I know the answer already but I am still asking the question.

"How come so many modern cars tailpipes don't extend past the body of the car in back?"

In fact some of them are 4 inches short of the back of the bumper.  Where does that rising exhaust go when the car in idling or at a stop sign?  It rises doesn't it!  Can it seep into the passenger compartment?  They don't seem to be as sealed as they use to be!  How much of that exhaust rises into the passenger compartment when the car is underway?  Could people be being exposed to carbon monoxide when they should not be?  Could it cause spiking cases of autism?

The reason they are made that way is so that you don't walk by it and burn your leg on it?  So your kid doesn't fall and burn his face scarred for life on it?

But what is more risky?  You have to make it to follow the function it was designed to be.  And that means extending back past the bumper or flush with it.

But per my memory those tailpipes used to extend back past the body of the car?

You would think that it should be a law that they should have to extend back past the body of the car?

Like I said it bothers me.

Now I don't like to put in a good word for a foreign car.  But on the road today I noticed that the BMW's I saw all had that tailpipe extended back past the rear bumper. 

I think that they all should be that way.

Now if you wanted to could you find some way to extend your exhaust past there with extensions?  Yes.  And I think that would be a good idea.  But it does carry the risk of burns?  But some cars that have them protruding back they put a double layer on it separated by air? to take away that risk?

If that is the way you "out" engineer the issue then that is how they all should be.

So who do we have in this country that is manning the helm?  We have no one that is looking out for us!  Absolutely no one!  Sycophants don't have a backbone to say how things should be even if they knew.  Why?  It breaks the networked employment concept.  Nobody wants to hire a sycophant that does that!  Why not?  Because absent them being a sycophant they are worth nothing to the company; or elected dicatator!

© 2018 Thomas Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment