The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Friday, March 16, 2012

Curb Wood Art The Dog Cage Table 03 17 2012

I was visiting my sister three weeks ago and she asked if I would make her a table to go around her dog cage.  She is always setting things on it and wanted to protect the cage.  When I asked her how much she wanted it to hold she told me 200 pounds.

A few days later I drove past some discarded dining room table slats.  The laminate on top had water damage.  Carefully I stripped the laminate off and designed and hand crafted a leg base for this table.  I think you will agree that it is very beautiful? 




I reinforced the top with strand board and structurally located supports.  The legs are made from cedar two by fours.

The trim pieces are also from Curb Wood.

Thomas Paul Murphy
Copyright 2012 Thomas Paul Murphy

Originally published on 03 17 2012 at:WWW.themilwaukeeandwisconsinnews.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment