The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Oswald Surname 04 29 2014

 The Oswald Surname 04 29 2014

I am into surname analysis.  Oswald was the man who killed Kennedy and also two men of the Oswald Surname were bank robbers.  In this mornings paper a police officer who was slain by them 20 years ago was honored.  So that got me thinking, just what does that surname mean.

I tend to think of it as a more English than Scottish surname.  But the link tells of the mean.

Os meaning God.  Weald meaning Rule.
 
 http://www.houseofnames.com/Oswald-history?A=54323-292


Thomas Paul Murphy
Originally published on 04 29 2014 at: www.themilwaukeeandwisconsinnews.blogspot.com
Copyright 2014 Thomas Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment