The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Monday, August 6, 2012

On a recent trip to Iowa I had a Cheeseburger 08 06 2012

On a recent trip to Iowa I had a Cheeseburger 08 06 2012

On a recent trip to Iowa I had a Cheeseburger.  I do not have any when I am in the Milwaukee area because they form a sickening layer of something on the lining of my stomach that I can notice.

I asked my cousin a farmer what made their beef better.  I said, "Is it because we are closer to the beef and it gets to market quicker?  Or are there better controls with regard to grinding the meat into hamburger?"

He said that they hang the beef for longer.  Around two weeks.

So they gut the animal and behead it and then hang it?

Yes.

So that appears to be the answer better beef is hung up to cure for a longer time.

Thomas Paul Murphy

Originally published on 08 06 2012 at: www.themilwaukeeandwisconsinnews.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment