The Thomas Paul Murphy Music Player

"You might think that I am off base, but I am published by the Securities and Exchange Commission."

Thomas Paul Murphy

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wane-free 06 25 2014

Wane-free 06 25 2014

That is the term that I read that was used to describe cedar decking in an advertisement this morning.  I had to look it up as it is phonetically similar or a homonym to the name Wayne.

I had a friend once who had a kid named Wayne as a roommate in College! Wayne scared the 5417 out of him, seems he liked to wrestle? (unfairly?)  I think I will use it as a character name in any future works of fiction that I write.

Copied right from the link below is the definition!

wane  (wn)
intr.v. waned, wan·ing, wanes
1. To decrease gradually in size, amount, intensity, or degree; decline.
2. To exhibit a decreasing illuminated area from full moon to new moon.
3. To approach an end.
n.
1. The act or process of gradually declining or diminishing.
2.
a. A time or phase of gradual decrease.
b. The period of the decrease of the moon's illuminated visible surface.
3. A defective edge of a board caused by remaining bark or a beveled end.


http://www.thefreedictionary.com/wane

We need what might be termed a wane-free country!  And wane-free leadership!

Thomas Paul Murphy
Originally published on 06 25 2014 at: www.themilwaukeeandwisconsinnews.blogspot.com
Copyright 2014 Thomas Paul Murphy



No comments:

Post a Comment