That would change the country to a better place overnight!
There is a strong basis for this idea in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights! As a matter of fact if you read that entire Declaration you will indeed see that many of those rights have been willfully violated in the United States! It has to stop!
Article 23 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- (2) Everyone, without any discrimination, has the right to equal pay for equal work.
- (3) Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection.
- Article 25 is highly relevant in our United States society today too!
- (1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
- And what will indeed happen when people realize that what it is that is violating our Human Rights today does not indeed fit the definition of article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?
- All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
- You may not under stand how that defines what a human being is so I will indeed educate you: Human beings are endowed with reason and Conscience! It means that those who do not have those qualities do not indeed fit the standard of a human being! It is only relevant because they end up violating the rights of those of us who are born and raised to that much higher standard!
Copyright 2013 Thomas Paul Murphy
Originally published on 10 12 2013 at: www.themilwaukeeandwisconsinnews.blogspot.com